Website Legalities Updated
Do you remember my last article on Website Legalities? It covered the privacy laws relating to Cookies and Privacy Policies and the mandatory details you have to display on your business website. If that was a lot to take in, well sadly for the individual entrepreneur there is a lot more you need to know.
For all activity types – Commercial, Craft and Regulated – your business website must display the following mandatory identity details:
- Name and Surname
- Home Address
- Telephone Number and Email Address
- Name of the Director, and name of any co-director or editor if there is one
- Name, company address and phone number of your business website host.
Additionally, for the type of activity you are registered to carry out, you must display the following mandatory Activity information:
- Registration number in trade and companies register
- Individual tax identification number
- General Terms and Conditions of Sale, including price in euros, Tax, delivery costs, date of delivery, payment terms, after-sales service, right of withdrawal, duration of any offers, the cost for phone calls (standard call charges, etc).
- Registration number in the trades directory
- Or registration number in the register of companies of the chambers of trades in the departments of Moselle, Bas-Rhin and Haut-Rhin.
- Reference to applicable professional rules
- Indication of professional title
- Name of the EU state in which the professional title was granted
- Name of the order or organisation with which a registration was made
This article covers the information required for individual entrepreneurs. There are other mandatory requirements for companies registered in France. All the information for individuals and companies can be found on the Service-Public.Fr site.
Best case, if you don’t comply you will get fined €1500. But do you really want to be worrying about getting caught?
Worse case, if you’re found to be processing data without authorisation you could get 5 years’ imprisonment and a €300,000 fine.
I’m including this category for completeness. Personal blogs are slightly different. You are not obliged to reveal your identity, but you can still be fined.
If you decide to remain anonymous, then you only have to display the identity details of your website host. Your hosting company has to have your identification details in case of legal proceedings.
If you don’t want to remain anonymous then you have to provide your identification details. Name, Surname, Home Address, Phone Number and Email Address.
Non-compliance for personal blogs may result in a year in prison and a €75,000 fine.
SAA IT Test Consultant
79120, Sainte Soline, France
SIRET – 835 373 515 00013
Need additional assistance? Please contact us:
FR: +33 (0)7 83 16 61 11
UK: +44 (0)7940 435970
|Mon:||10:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Tue:||10:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Wed:||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Thu:||10:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Fri:||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|